Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Morning Breakfast * Protein Pumpkin Pancakes

For me, the weekends are all about friends, family, doing the things you love, and recharging for the week ahead.  I absolutely love trying out new recipes and hoping that Barry will like them (I don't tell him they are super super healthy!).  

I tried out this flour-less pumpkin protein pancake recipe and wow is it delicious!  I didn't have baking powder so they did come out a little flat...I suggest using it!  

Try it out next weekend and let me know what you think!  




Ingredients:
1 scoopProtein powder (I used vanilla Shakeology)
1/2 cupPumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 tspCinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
1/2 tspBaking powder
2Egg whites
1/2 cupOats
1/2 cup+ 2 tbs water
3-5 pktsStevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice)

Directions: 
1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Serve warm!

No comments :

Post a Comment