Friday, March 28, 2014

Clean Eating Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I have a SUPER SWEET TOOTH and love that the 21-Day Fix allows be some sweets!!   It's all about balance, right?

The program's nutrition guide comes with tons of great recipes that I have slowly been trying out (I'm not a baker by any means!).  This week I decided to make the "Banana Oatmeal Cookies" for my students who are working so hard taking the state exam, MCAS.  I figured these would be a perfect treat because they are absolutely clean...no sugar to jitter them up!!

Although my kiddos didn't think they were "cookies," they did love them!

Here's the recipe, which makes 8 servings (2 cookies per serving).  For you guys and gals on the 21-Day Fix, 2 cookies is 1 yellow container.

Clean Eating Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients: 
Non-stick cooking spray
1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 c chopped raw walnuts



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray.  Set aside.

3. Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.



4. Add bananas, raisins, and walnuts; mix well.



5. Drop by heaping Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet; flatten cookies with a spatula.



6. Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until firm.


No comments :

Post a Comment